- Are political parties or election candidates commenting on women's issues and concerns?
- How are women politicians and candidates viewed and represented in the media?
- How are women voters and their concerns viewed and represented in the media?
- How does the media handle and represent women's concerns regarding the elections?
- Are women's views taken on board in the coverage of issues that are not traditionally seen as 'women's issues'?
Gender and Media Watch for Elections 2014 will examine the print, broadcast and online media's coverage in relation to women and the 2014 elections. NWMI members from across India will comment on how political parties and candidates view women’s issues; female electorates; and the media’s handling and representation of women voters and politicians.
Read Gender and Media Watch for Elections 2014 at http://nwmigenderwatch.wordpress.com/